Job Search & More
Business Development Executive
Posted Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003911375
The Business Development Executive (BDM) is responsible for hunting new business within the vertical and segments assigned,along with bringing an effective services approach to our clients by understanding and selling Actalent’s services capabilities.The BDM will develop an account strategy and quarterly game plan for their target clients, outlining and communicating specific activities, as well as forecasting new business opportunities. The BDM will be a goal oriented "hunter" who has demonstrated proven results in contract business and/or service industry and is accountable for revenue generation and growth of net new business to Actalent on large national accounts
• Forecast target account new business by building a game plan with key clients that includes understanding the trends,competitive landscape, and client business needs.
• Focus areas are Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries.
• Qualify high value and high potential business to pull into pipeline aligned to core capabilities.
• Develops, drives, and owns target account strategy and can speak to and sell all lines of business with Actalentportfolio.
• Report on effectiveness and outcomes of the account plan by performing root cause analysis when there is a gap between performance and potential and/or goal, evolving the account strategy as necessary and communicating the account status.
• Partner with our Technical Practices Team to drive solutions and opportunities.Understand competitive landscape in scientific services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
• Partner with Actalent regional operations and other national account vertical leadership by providing analysis to ensureappropriate targets are defined to sustain the growth and health of respective vertical
• Enlist Corporate functions (Legal, Marketing, Finance, Professional Development, Human Resources, etc.) to ensureappropriate functioning in large account set-up including contractual requirements, processes, systems, regulatory requirements, etc.
• Upsells within current accounts by hunting and selling additional lines of business and recruiting methods to satisfy clients full needs.
• Develop and execute specific activities designed to achieve the company target annual growth projections.
• Build effective relationships with operations and the field to pair all local business needs with strategic needs and vision ofa national client.
• Build effective relationships at multiple levels of the client organization to leverage the sales strategy and expand therelationship
Bachelor's Degree • Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Biotechnology and/or Pharmaceutical professional services sales experience
• Lead generation
• Strong collaboration skills along with ability to drive deals to a close
• Prefer to have proven successful and experienced in initiating, cultivation and managing large accounts (Fortune 500+)
• Demonstrate competence with the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Strong usage of Salesforce / Connected
• Strong ability to follow sales systems, documentation, and organization skills
• Must be high energy and a self-starter
• Demonstrates the highest levels of personal character and integrity
• Team player who works well with others, collaborates, and can build excitement around the organization
• Proven ability to effectively align customer goals with company solution offerings
• Person will be a goal-oriented individual who can demonstrate proven results in the staffing or professional services industry
• Must be willing and open to travel nationally
Recruiter: Sreelakshmi Sudhish