Posting ID: JP-002180974
IN NEED OF AN ELECTROMECHANICAL ASSEMBLER THAT CAN SOLDER
Position Summary :
Performs a wide variety of complex electronic or electro mechanical assembly tasks in support of developmental requirements in pre-production projects by using electromechanical equipment or devices, such as servomechanisms, gyros, dynamometers, control linkage, and actuators. Works from rough schematics, blueprints and oral instructions to construct developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components
• Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
• Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications.
• Drill, tap, ream, countersink, and spot-face bolt holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills.
• File, lap, and buff parts to fit, using hand and power tools.
• Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
• Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and venires.
• Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
• Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units.
• Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts.
• Clean and lubricate parts and subassemblies, using grease paddles or oilcans.
• Disassemble units to replace parts.
• Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, such as robotics and fixed automation equipment.
• Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Write simple correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Functional areas reporting to this position are:
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Four to six years assembly experience
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams
• As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in creative and effective ways.
• Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
• Determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
• Conducts tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Installs equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
• Determines the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Adaptability to include:
o Willingly accepts change & communicates change positively
o Maintains effectiveness in varying environments
o Willingly handles new assignments
• Interpersonal Skills to include:
• Establishes and maintains effective relations with relevant individuals and groups to achieve desired results
• Demonstrates respect for people their concerns and their well being
• Communication skills to include:
o Clearly, concisely, and accurately presents information
o Communicates directly, openly, and honestly
o Replies quickly to requests
• Develops clear and concise documentation
o Technical competence to include:
o Applies essential skills in performance of job responsibilities
o Knowledge of technical information
o Produces high quality work
• Bias for action to include:
• Recognizes and works to overcome obstacles
• Aggressively pursues goals and objectives
Expectation for All Employees:
• Supports the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors:
o Competence and commitment to excellence
• Teamwork - building strong, long-term partnerships with our suppliers and customers (internal and external).
o Integrity - commitment to and acting with high ethical standards.
o Respect - demonstration of esteem, concern, and courtesy towards fellow employees
o Compliance within required standards
• Continuous improvement - sustaining an environment that fosters the elimination of waste and variation in process.
o Commitment to our community
• Accountability and ownership - taking responsibility for one's actions and an active role in career development.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Experience with electrical and mechanical assembly
Experience with JSTD and IPC certs highly preferred
Ability to solder and previous experience
Recruiter: Benyshek, Jake