InfoSec Engineering Manager
Posting ID: JP-002660128
The Information Security Engineering Manager is responsible for understanding complex business information technology needs specifically focused on the information security sector. The Information Security Engineering manager assumes the lead role in the Information Security program including the development of security design and implementation of various security domains. This role will provide guidance with research, design, implementation of technical solution as well as supervising and mentoring the department. This position requires a creative self-starter who can think through a project from start to finish and has the technological vision to support the security needs of the enterprise. This position also requires knowledge of and expertise in various operating systems, software systems, hardware, and network configurations. The Information Security Engineering Manager also works cross-functionally with various teams, including IT Groups across the company, client managers, business customers, third-parties, vendors, and auditors to address information security related matters.
- This person will lead a team of highly skilled Engineers/subject matter resources
- Accomplishes results by communicating responsibilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, mentoring, and creating accountability for employees; developing, coordinating, and ensuring compliant systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Responsible for managing the team’s overall transaction accuracy and efficiency to ensure project timelines are met
- Reviews business context for solutions to enterprise challenges as well as defines the vision and requirements for the solution. Recommends potential solutions (which include Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP) or application development), selects the optimal solution and develops the roadmaps, policies, and standards.
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture and application development to enhance the security posture of new and existing systems
- Ensures systems and applications are implemented with compensating controls to meet regulatory requirements (California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), as well as other enterprise compliance such as Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements.
- Maintains current job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Reports up on areas of opportunities and/or concerns
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Makes hiring decisions and designs individual development plans with succession planning in mind for all key roles.
- Set budgetary goals and agendas
Information Security, Management, NIST, PCI, CIS, Network/Firewalls
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Education and Training - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, or 10 plus years of equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Security
- Must have 8+ years of hands on experience with one or more of the following security domains:- network security, endpoint security, data security, cloud security, logging, and monitoring
License or Certification Preferred
- Industry certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GAIC)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (EC-CHFI)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (EC-EH)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- AWS/Azure/OCI/GCP: Cloud Provider Security Certifications a plus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072