Job Search & More
Posted Monday, July 17, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003909189
- Coordinates patient care and flow
- Escorts patient to exam room, obtains brief history and vital signs and enters data into electronic health record system (EHR). Updates records in EHR for clinician’s review
- Assists clinicians with procedures including preparing patients for exam, as appropriate.
- Performs requested patient specific tasks for clinicians after the patient has been seen.
- Completes all appropriate consent forms, and provides patient education and referral materials as appropriate, to all patients during clinic sessions.
- Cleans and stocks exam rooms before clinic, after each patient and at the end of each clinic session.
- When performing front desk duties, answers incoming calls and assists with appointment scheduling.
- Assists with reviewing the next week’s schedule to ensure necessary supplies are in stock for procedures.
- Ensures that e-prescribing tasks and all assigned tasks in EHR are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews EHR tasks at end of visit, assisting clinicians with any pending tasks in EHR.
- Maintains EHR records accurately following policies and procedures.
- Assists in laboratory as necessary.
- Completes tasks in case management system on a daily basis.
- Enrolls patients in Patient Assistance Program.
Medical, Assistant, medical assistant, license, MA, Vitals, Customer Service, Healthcare Support, Patient Calls
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
6 months of Medical Assisting experience
Medical Assisting diploma required
high school or GED
Recruiter: Qayshia Hillburn