Clean Room Technician
Posting ID: JP-002352694
This company manufactures optical filters and coatings that are used in some of the most sophisticated instruments used in biotechnology, remote sensing, telecommunications, chemical engineering, robotics, and a variety of other fields. The optical filters and coatings are made on wafers. A wafer is a thin piece of semiconductor material in the shape of a very thin disc. It is usually cut into very small pieces and used in devices like cell phones or wearable devices, robots, etc.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
• This job is working 50% in the clean room wearing a full bunny suit and 50% working outside of the cleanroom. This is a very independent role.
• Type of people who enjoy the job: people who are good at following instructions to a T; they have to be very detailed and they cannot cut corners.
• In order to create the high quality wafers that their clients require, they have to make sure the wafers are extremely clean before they are coated, or it will create deformities on the wafers and, they will be rejected. A wafer can cost $50,000+ when it is done being manufactured- and if they find that the wafer has quality issues, they have to throw them away. Any sort of particles or fragments or blemishes on the glass can result in the wafer not being usable.
• That said, this job is ALL ABOUT QUALITY. They Clean Room worker will: clean, rinse and inspect the glass and wafers before they are sent to the Coating room for coating. The visual inspection is NOT easy, they have to visually inspect glass for blemishes, scratches, particles, etc. Sometimes the wafers get coated multiple times, so they will have to clean the wafers in between each coating. The more coats a wafer has, the more obvious quality issues become (for example: it is easier to see a scratch on a CD because of the reflection vs. clear glass).
• To clean the wafers, they will use a clean line (series of 7 tubs of detergents, chemicals and water). The person will dip the wafers into the liquid to clean them. When it comes out there other side it is clean and dry. Then they put the wafers into the package to go to coating.
• They are processing 20-50 wafers/day
• They will wear booties, surgical masks, gloves, eye protection & a hood over their head.
cleanroom, visual inspection, attention to detail, technician, bunny suit
Top Skills Details:
cleanroom,visual inspection,attention to detail
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• This is a relatively physical job. They must be able to stand for 6+ hours/day and lift up to 10 lbs. over their head to visually inspect the wafers at different angles.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and excellent eyesight- they are inspecting clear glass discs for defects
• Must be ok working 4-6 hours in a bunny suit in a clean room (they are working in a room by themselves.
• Must be comfortable wearing booties, surgical mask, gloves, eye protection, hood over their head, full body head to toe (the room is temperature controlled so it doesn't get too hot or too cold.)
• Must be able to work alone on weekends when needed.
LOGSTICAL MUST HAVES:
• Must be fully COVID vaccinated
• Must be able to train on DAY shift for ~1 month before moving to swing (2PM-10:30PM)
• SHIFT: They will work weekdays + Saturday or Sunday. Needs to cover at least one weekend day weekly. They prefer Sunday because it is harder to get coverage then.
NICE TO HAVES:
• Prior experience working in a cleanroom, or in a similar environment (and be willing to wear a full bunny suit while working in the clean room)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Monica Truong