Posting ID: JP-002100143
We are actively seeking mid-level retrofit technicians for the autonomous vehicle R&D team. We are a dynamic team that is supporting hardware development for the autonomous vehicle field.
Complete electro-mechanical functions and activities: component and sub-system removal/ installation/
assembly, fleet retrofits, maintenance inspections, and software updates.
● Produce and maintain detailed documentation for all retrofit and maintenance procedures.
● Directly contribute to projects supporting R&D fleet initiatives and retrofit validation.
● Observe all safety standards. Maintain a secure, safe, clean, and healthy work environment. Follow
operating instructions, use PPE as required, and use equipment and materials properly. Actively strive
to prevent accidents and injuries.
● Doing a structural change, changing the vehicles quite a bit
● There will be engineers interfacing with the techs
● 2+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics,
● Demonstrated ability to use general shop, automotive, and diagnostic tools.
● Working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems.
● Ability to work in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging
● Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented.
● Current driver's license with a good standing driving record.
● Strong aptitude to pick-up new technology.
● Strong communication skills.
● Proven track record of emphasizing safety, quality of work, and technical aptitude.
● Can anticipate future issues and mitigate before they become operational setbacks.
● Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
● You have ASE certifications.
● Formal education in automotive technology, or related trade school. BS, AS, technology trade
certificate, or equivalent work experience.
● Knowledge and understanding of computer hardware components, AV systems, ADAS or other sensor
● Any exposure to Linux programming
wire harness, voltage, multimeter, automotive, automotive diagnostics, electrical mechanical, electrical troubleshooting, electrical wiring
Top Skills Details:
electrical, automotive, wiring
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Test the JD:
• Wont’ touch LIDAR and higher level components
• Most of the work done will be very laid out. They’ll have to just follow the procedure.
• They would need to know how to open a command line
• They do everything from Mac to Windows. They don’t have to know how to debug scripts
Best vs. Average
• Stretch goal would be a EE technician that knows the full integration of components with a car
• Multimeter is a must
• Basic hand tools
• Candidates would have to have some automotive experience, or at least some level of knowledge of this. They have to be comfortable and experience working on cars
• Looking for hands on in terms of electrical systems i.e. wiring electrical systems
• Looking for someone 12V (low) experience. Doesn’t have to be autonomous vehicle experience
Nice to Have:
• Oscilloscope is a nice to have
• JIRA ticketing
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072