Entry Level Technician
Posting ID: JP-002345717
Hiring for an Entry Level Technician. If you are mechanically inclined and know your way around tools then this is a career for you! Must be open to 70% of travel in San Diego County and occasionally nationally and internationally. Great career for someone interested in being a technician in the government contractor field. Must be able to pass secret clearance. Can start right away!
Please call Savanah 858-609-2019 and apply with resume to be considered.
Install, troubleshoot, and maintain products/equipment. Identify, analyze, and repair product failures, order and replace parts as needed. Determine and recommend which products or services best fit the customers' needs. Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and associated electronic components a plus.
Rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Ability to work well on your own and under pressure a must. Ability to communicate effectively and provide detailed daily written reports. Products that will be worked on will include but not limited to: alarms, security cameras, intrusion detection, access control, gates, giant voice and vehicle barriers as needed. Daily documentation and reporting will be required. You will perform work all over the USA and abroad. Candidates must have a clean driving record, be able to pass a bg check and posses or be willing to get a passport for travel.
handy experience, plumbing, electrical, low voltage, hydraulics, mechanic, secret clearance, customer service, volt meters, alarm installation, security camera, access control, blueprints, schematics, documentation, reporting
Top Skills Details:
handy experience, plumbing, electrical, low voltage, hydraulics, mechanic, secret clearance
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Military experience a plus but not required. Ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance, CAC Card, and/or DBIDS per location
- Ideally 2+ years of experience on the above listed equipment OR 4 + years of experience in the field working on similar equipment (ie; Motors and Electronics). Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Open to entry level mechanically inclined candidates that just want to learn.
- Must know different hand and power tools
- Ideally experience with low voltage wiring, access control, gates and associated hardware, software, systems and manufacturers including, but not limited to the following: Sentry, CCTV, License Plate Readers, Lenel, Card Readers, Bollards, Barrier, Hydraulics, Access Control Logic, Delta, Nasatka, RSSI and Autogate. Ability to travel, as necessary.
- Ability to work alone or on a team.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to follow all OSHA and company safety practices, OSHA 30 preferred.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Savanah Maya