Posting ID: JP-002660953
Pharmaceutical peptide company in Torrance looking for a production chemist to join their team!
*Open to entry-level Chemistry/Biochemistry graduates with a strong interest in pharmaceuticals!*
Job Description: Checks reactor system for proper operation in accordance with SOP and/or operation manual.
• Under general supervision and direction, measures and mixes ingredients according to the BPR (Batch Production Record).
• Using established procedures (safety and process) and under general supervision, performs intermediate chemical processing steps.
• Prepares solutions for purification and samples.
• Under general supervision, purifies crude peptide by using HPLC’s.
• Conducts lyophilization process according to established guidelines.
• Performs drying processes in accordance with established processes and procedures.
• Reports any problems or issues regarding equipment used in processing
• Performs in-process checking of the fractions by using analytical HPLC and reports results to supervision and/or Sr. Production Chemist personnel.
• Is responsible for maintaining high safety, housekeeping and cleanliness standards.
• Performs any and all additional duties as required for this position.
Mon-Fri, 11:15pm- 7:45am
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072