Quality Assurance Technician
Posting ID: JP-002178261
Hiring entry level Quality Assurance Technicians for a great company in Visalia, CA!
A Quality Assurance Technician will provide assistance to the Quality Assurance Department with quality audits, swabbing, coli form plating, calibrating, antibiotic testing, and other various laboratory functions. Support and enforce USDA, SQF / QA, GMP, HACCP, Safety policies and procedures, and production needs. “Food Safety and Quality” are the responsibilities of this position. In the absence of a Quality Assurance Technician, responsibilities will be covered by another Quality Assurance Technician or by the Quality Assurance Manager.
Essential Functions List of significant/essential duties, tasks, and/or responsibilities required of this position.
• Perform weekly tasks which include environmental swabbing airplates, thermometer calibration and others.
• Perform noon and midnight inventory of fluid silos.
• Monitor waste water, pH, EC and COD.
• Micro plating, WPN, antibiotic confirmation testing, and TA testing.
• Daily send outs to DA and Sierra for testing.
• Pull customer samples and re-test samples.
• Clean and maintain clean lab areas.
• Complete all paperwork neatly and correctly.
• Complete all filing of documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
• Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Follow all Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points(HACCP).
• Responsible for care and maintenance of company tools laboratory equipment.
• Updating quality & procedure manuals, calibrations, waste water reports, swabbing and air quality monitoring.
• Follow all safety and working rules.
• Must have the ability to get along with co-workers, management personnel, customers, vendors, and employees in accordance with the company policies and working rules while ensuring a harmonious and conducive work environment.
• Maintain a positive attitude and contribute towards a quality environment.
• Excellent regular full time attendance in support of company objectives.
• Use initiative and judgment in making decisions, keeping with California Dairies, Inc. best interests.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Must work in a safe and efficient manner and follow all safety procedures including the use of safety equipment.
• Must be willing to ask for assistance when the process is unclear.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Dairy Science, Food Science or Microbiology, or Associates in similar areas and/or 5 years experience in a laboratory setting.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computational skills required.
• Simple math reasoning required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must be able to acquire and maintain a Mojonnier/Oven Solids Tester license.
• Certified Industry Supervisor certification on Drug residue testing
Entry / Intermediate Level
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Rena Yamamoto Marchadesch