Accounts Receivable Analyst
Posting ID: JP-002660380
A large Benefits administration company is looking to hire an Accounts Receivable Analyst for their accounting team! This individual will be responsible for interfacing with participating employers to process contributions for health, welfare and pension benefits for their employees.
- Processes monthly contributions for participating employers using Microsoft Excel.
- Creates test files used to upload data to the Company mainframe.
- Processes and reviews manual calculations and ensures accuracy of system generated calculations.
- Downloads daily lockbox detail- Apply payments to specific accounts and allocates receipts to appropriate Funds.
- Reconciles and invoices for differences, preparing billing documents and discrepancy letters.
- Balances monthly receipts to bank statements and prepares totals for monthly general ledger update.
- Performs file transfer, receipt, and collection of dependent premiums.
- Researches, prepares, bills, and documents status of compliance audits, account reconciliations and withdrawal liability.
- Researches and bills receivable balances including liquidated damages providing supporting documentation identifying amounts due.
- Coordinates arbitrations and collection action for unpaid contributions, in conjunction with counsel and management.
- Performs all rate maintenance including preparation of input sheets and updates to agreement codes, participation, rate lines and rate tables.
- Analyzes inquiries received from other departments or business associates regarding contribution data in order to prepare and load adjustments for monthly hours.
- Maintains all facets of the employer account relationship including the set up and termination of accounts, updates to contact information, ensuring approved communications are distributed and explained, and assisting employers with their requests.
- Responds professionally and articulately to client inquiries with an appropriate sense of urgency with the ability to diffuse emotionally charged conversations and provide detailed descriptions of complex procedures and concepts in writing and verbally.
- Reviews collective bargaining agreements and trust agreements in order to correspond and communicate with employers, external auditors and union locals regarding contribution reporting requirements.
- Prepares submissions to the Board of Trustees, including payment plans and settlement proposals with the calculation of payment plan interest.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly statistical reports, and prepares and formats information for ad hoc data requests.
- Creates and updates department processes for each new and assigned task; develops and tests new procedures.
- Assists in regular cross-training and proofreading activities.
- Assists with general office duties and ensures the workspace and office is kept clean.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Bachelors degree- accounting, finance, economics
Excel- pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups
Experience with large excel data sets and data movement preferred
Accounting experience- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable experience or general accounting experience
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Junsheng Xie