Job Search & More
Quality Control Technician
Posted Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003884871
• Have a thorough understanding of cGMPs, HACCP, GFSI, FDA and other food safety auditing schemes and regulations.
• Develop new standards for production, with improvements related to Quality/Food Safety as needed and creating testing protocols for implementation across all production lines.
• Work with department managers in identifying improvements and take action to ensure company-wide compliance.
• Apply and enforce, as well as educate others on, QA procedures throughout the facility that will result in consistent quality products that fulfill customer needs.
• Maintain complaint and non-conformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions.
• Investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
• Oversee inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing product as required by customers to confirm conformance to specification and quality deliverables.
• Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations.
• Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues.
• Provide training and support to the QC team on core processes.
• Conduct/participate in internal audits.
• Review production records to ensure food safety and quality.
• Assist in maintaining Organic (QAI)/Kosher (Orthodox Union) and Gluten Free (GFCO) programs especially in their application on the production floor.
• Assist QA in preparing for both customer’s and 3rd party audits.
• Assist QA in the Documentation Control program ensuring Policies, Vendor COA, Letter of Guarantee, Letter of Compliance, and all other regulatory documents are updated.
Quality control, Gmp, line check, Quality assurance
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in the related sciences (Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Statistics, etc.) or equivalent QA experience preferred.
• Good written and communication skills with the ability to manage & multitask with attention to detail.
• HACCP and PCQI certified or willingness to do so within 1st year.
• Ability to foster a corporate culture of responsiveness and awareness, self-regulation, challenge of status quo and continuous improvement to achieve the highest level of compliance.
• Proficient with Microsoft office. Ability to create, use and analyze tables, charts and graphs.
• Spanish communication skills are an asset.
Recruiter: Kristyn Snow
Phone: (650) 825-2953