Associate Microbiologist (Sterilization)
Posting ID: JP-002169142
Candidate must be local to Boulder, CO
The Associate Microbiologist/Sterilization position is responsible for performing In Vitro, disinfection, and microbiological testing in support of ISO 10993-1 compliant biological evaluations. This position will participate in the development and validation of methods for new testing within Global Laboratory Services. The Microbiologist will also support sample coordination, quality assurance, and data reporting for the In Vitro Testing and Disinfection Laboratory.
This position will work individually and as part of a team to complete testing in a timely manner with a focus on excellent customer service.
* Participates in the development, validation, and implementation of In-Vitro GLP and disinfection test methods in compliance with applicable standards.
* Accountable for specific test data and will train on specific lab tests.
* Responsible for data acquisition and reporting in Laboratory Information Management System.
* Performs testing to meet USP, ISO, EN, and ASTM standards for in vitro and disinfection testing.
* Supports the Quality Assurance Program for GLP testing and external audits (FDA, ISO 13485, ISO 17025).
* Follows standard operating procedures and maintains technical knowledge of laboratory tasks.
* All other duties as assigned.
BA/BS in biological or chemical science or equivalent is preferred.
Years of Experience:
1+ years relevant experience in a clinical or medical device laboratory.
* Experience operating within quality system requirements of regulations applicable to the medical device industry.
* Expertise with Aseptic Technique and GLP.
* Expertise in disinfection testing for reusable medical devices and related standards.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Able to function independently as well as in a team environment.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
* PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Physical capabilities to perform the job
* The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to use a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
* The employee must be able to lift 10 pounds per job requirement.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072