Partial Remote Electrical Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002423271
Hiring Lead Electrical Engineer to join team in Boulder, CO
Location: Boulder, CO (partial remote)
Pay: 55-70 an hour (114,400-145,600 salary)
Work Environment: Role would be 2x/week in office vs. remote, open to candidates that may need a somewhat flexible schedule or can only go in 1x/week if needed
Company: This is an opportunity to join one of the world’s leading manufacturers of analytical instruments supporting the water quality measurement needs of our customers in the life sciences, semiconductor, industrial, and environmental industries.
- As a Lead Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for developing electrical designs utilizing analog and digital electronics for use in current products as well as in proof-of-concept research and development systems by creating detailed drawings, schematics, and models using CAD applications such as Altium
- The development team will look to you to translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware requirements, design, and test specifications critical to ensuring continuity of supply for current products, you will also analyze and develop solutions to resolve issues associated with obsolete components and perform various experiments on components to qualify their use in products
- You will follow sound engineering principles throughout the electrical circuitry design and component selection process by leading design reviews, building prototypes, executing test plans to verify and qualify performance, and documenting the results
- As the project advances, you will be expected to communicate technical data, schedule, milestones, and status in an easy to understand format to management and others in the team
- You will shepherd your designs through the development cycle, coordinate with contract manufacturers, troubleshoot and bring up PCBAs, and ultimately release your design to production using Engineering Change Orders and a Configuration Management release process
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience, no cap on years
- Analog electronics knowledge is strongly preferred
- Altium is strongly preferred
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072