Posting ID: JP-002660401
A leading Defense Organization is looking to expand their team with a Systems Engineer!
*********Please only apply if you have an active DoD Clearance***************
Analyst to support Missile Defense Space Warning Tool (MDST) product line. This job location is at Schriever SFB, CO.
Position requires an experienced systems engineer and operations research analyst to support the modeling and simulation of missile defense systems. The candidate will analyze real word Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) event and simulation data and recommend software design and implementation changes. Main responsibilities include analyzing simulation performance, supporting MDST verification and validation analysis, providing constructive simulation design recommendations, developing algorithms, planning MDST verification and validation activities, requirements decomposition, supporting MDST milestones, and writing analysis reports. Additional responsibilities include testing new capabilities, interfacing with MDST customers, assisting with training users, and presenting technical briefings to MDST stakeholders.
analysis, matlab, lifecycle engineering, python, physics, math, statistical analysis, flight dynamics, trajectory analysis, electrical engineering, systems engineering, mechanical engineering, traceability
Top Skills Details:
analysis, matlab, lifecycle engineering
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, physics, math, computer science or related discipline.
- Have a strong understanding of Unix / Linux platforms.
- Proficient in math and a strong understanding of physics
- Statistical and data analysis experience, working knowledge of analysis tools including MATLAB
- Must be able to independently determine and develop approach to solutions and meet objectives.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Currently have Interim Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Experience: 3 years (Master’s); 5 years (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Strong understanding of Flight and Orbital Dynamics
- Experience in agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience in Atlassian Tool Suite
- Understanding of object oriented software development
- Missile Defense domain knowledge, spaced-based OPIR sensor systems, tactical messaging
- Ability to plan and lead an analysis effort.
- Knowledge/experience in several of the following: missile defense domain knowledge, infrared space surveillance, and modeling and simulation development.
- Currently have DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret Clearance
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072