Posting ID: JP-002660270
A leading Defense Organization is building their Software Team!
********Please only apply if you have an active DoD Clearance********
• Lead software development projects from design through implementation and deployment
• Decomposing requirements into executable stories
• Mentoring and guiding junior developers and conducting code reviews
• Use Java and other back-end languages along with object oriented design to create software systems
• Design, develop, integrate, and test algorithms and systems for SDA solutions including RF monitoring, interference detection, geolocation, RF passive ranging, maneuver detection, custody, and precision ephemeris.
• Collaborate with other software engineers, subject matter experts, and system architects to implement algorithms into operational software
• Travel as necessary to attend customer meetings and support deployed systems. Travel not to exceed 10%.
Top Desired Skills:
Java, C++, Linux, Agile, Aws, Cloud, Software engineering, Software development, leadership development
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• US Citizenship
• Experience leading and collaborating with junior developers
• Experience breaking down requirements into executable stories
• 8 years of software development experience in Java or C++ or other equivalent back-end languages
• Experience implementing DSP or other mathematical algorithms in software
• Familiarity with Linux
• Experience with Object Oriented design
BS in related technical discipline or equivalent experience
Preferred skill-sets but not required:
• Experience with multithreaded software
• Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: adaptive filtering, spectral analysis, LPI/LPD waveforms, TDMA waveforms, SIGINT, geolocation, RF channel modeling, beamforming, orbital mechanics, satellite operations, space situational awareness, GPS signal processing, electronic warfare, cyber warfare, etc.
• Familiarity with cloud deployment and microservice architectures
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072