Cyber Security Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002660373
A leading Defense Organization is looking to add a Cyber Engineer to their team!
***************Please only apply if you have an active clearance*******************
- Provide support to certification and accreditation implementing the Risk Management Framework (RMF) across multiple classification domains and update status in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) system.
- Work as an integrated team member in a highly dynamic, operationally sensitive environment providing mission critical data to the war fighter. Communicate and coordinate across the IA team for cyber-related issues.
- Analyze security risks, threats and vulnerabilities from multiple sources and recommend strategies to leadership to prevent security exposures and detect intruders. Create plans to implement solutions and follow them through to completion keeping the team and management informed.
- Remain current on Operational Orders technical applicability and create compliance determinations.
- Stay current with Government and industry trends, laws and standards and recommend methods to meet requirements.
- Analyze and define information security requirements for current and future internal and external data connections and maintain documentation for those connections in a central repository.
- Coordinate with outside test teams for independent vulnerability testing of the MMC IA posture and conduct Radiant Mercury (RM) annual Joint Vulnerability Assessment Program (JVAP) accreditation.
- Document IA processes and update document repository.
- Perform and document Account Access Authorization and Control for all on-premises and cloud systems assigned, including maintenance of AARegister artifacts for all on-premises and cloud systems assigned.
- Collaborate with network administrators to develop and maintain DISA compliant Ports Protocols Services Management (PPSM) data for all on-premises and cloud systems assigned.
- Develop and maintain SV-3 formatted descriptions of authorized intra-system interfaces between all on-premises and cloud systems assigned.
- Collaborate with configurations management to develop and maintain authorized software lists for all types of on-premises and cloud systems assigned.
- Desired experience with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Host Based Security System (HBSS) firewall and threat prevention, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), and Security Content Automation Program (SCAP)/Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG).
- AAS/BA/BS preferred, (HSD or equivalent required)
- Ability to perform multiple projects with dynamic tasking and follow-through from initial contact to end on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work as an integrated member of a dynamic and mission focused team to promote a cooperative working environment and a positive team atmosphere.
- Knowledge of cross-domain solutions.
- Working knowledge of cyber doctrine and industry IA best practices.
- Working knowledge of network protocols and MS Windows defense and threat mitigation.
- Ability to work in a MS Windows virtualized environment.
- The ability to think analytically and approach issues logically and systematically.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- An active clearance is required.
- CISSP, CISM, CASP, C|EH, CHFI
- Travel: Occasional (2-4 times/years)
- Certifications Required: CompTIA Security+
information assurance, ACAS, risk management, STIGs, HBSS, Vulnerability assessment, Information security, Emass
Top Skills Details:
information assurance, ACAS, risk management
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
certifications and clearance
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072