Medical Laboratory Technician
Posting ID: JP-002663512
Actalent is hiring Medical Laboratory Scientists for a well known hospital in Denver! This is a Monday-Friday position!
- Performs high complexity tests that are authorized by the laboratory supervisor, manager or director and reviews testing performance as applicable.
- Follows the laboratory’s and NJH established policies and procedure manuals. Reviews and signs laboratory and personnel SOP on an annual basis.
- Participates and maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, documenting all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed. May performs QC review as necessary.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Follows GxP (e.g., GLP, GCLP, GCP, etc.) standards as defined by different national and international organizations (e.g., ISO, FDA, OECD, etc.) when appropriate for clinical or preclinical trials.
- Performs, observes, and reviews competencies (including age-specific competencies and/or non-human species) as identified through the departmental competency program.
- Appropriately uses the computer systems in the department, including proper use of order/reports/charging, and maximizes personal proficiency.
- Responds appropriately to email and other forms of communication within 4 hours.
- Makes recommendations to improve laboratory operations and performs extra projects of increasing complexity and skill and completes projects as directed and approved by the supervisor.
- Attends continuing education programs sponsored by National Jewish, manufacturer in-services and/or professional society programs.
- Obtains at least 12 approved CEU credits per year including but not limited to the following: webinars, lunch and learn seminars, seminars, etc.
- Is responsible for maintaining and ordering appropriate levels of reagents and consumables in the laboratory at all times.
- Follows all laboratory and institutional policies and procedures (i.e, operational, departmental, personnel, billing, use of computer and safety).
- Is responsible for completing NetLearning in a timely manner.
- Performs error correction, photocopy and data entry and compilation as required. Compiles customized data for clients/studies as directed.
- Follows set guidelines to troubleshoot/correct assay problems or instrument malfunctions. Performs maintenance and works with supervisor/manager in troubleshooting QC or instrument problems. Identifies and assists in troubleshooting with peers.
- Participates in preparation for inspections where required including revision of laboratory manuals and procedures.
- Works with referral facilities (doctors, laboratory supervisors, nurses) and nursing/medical staff to answer questions regarding available testing.
- ASCP Certification (MT/MLT)
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related scientific field.
- Hematology, blood bank, chemistry and urinalysis experience/education is preferred
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- BS biology, chemistry or a related scientific field required
- MT Certification (certified by taking "general knowledge" ASCP or equivalent)
- 0-1 years related work experience
- Prior Experience working in the Core Lab is a plus: Core Lab area (general lab – Chemistry, Hematology, Body Fluid, Urinalysis, blood bank
- Prior experience from a hospital or reference lab is a plus
- Entry/Intermediate level
- Location: Denver, CO
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Shift: Opening Shift (start at 7am) or Closing Shift (start at 11am).
- 40 hours/week
- Payrate: $25-$32/hr
- 6 month contract position (with a really great opportunity to go permanent)
Please apply for more details. Thank you!
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072