Posting ID: JP-002663692
The SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) Compliance Investigator will focus on meeting regulatory reporting requirements pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and US Patriot Act. The candidate will independently conduct investigations and will be required to manage a portfolio of multiple investigations, gather evidence, interview witnesses and suspects, document findings in FCOI's case management system and comply with regulatory requirements and FCOI policies.
The Investigator will:
• Have the ability to make decisions autonomously, consulting with management and Sr Investigators on more complex issues.
• Gather thorough/accurate evidence on multiple case assignments including: financial profiles, tracing financial transactions, and bkgd information on suspects using various systems and tools.
• Be responsible for analyzing individual cases for closure or referral to other units
• Document key data and issues related to the investigation including potential loss, status of investigations, interviews, etc.; responsible for analyzing data; making and documenting critical regulatory reporting decisions; completes accurate and timely regulatory reports.
• Manage non- complex alerts and cases.
• Makes SAR decision and prepares suspicious activity reports (SARs) as required.
• Specialize in a single product (with multiple fraud scenarios) or a single line of business.
• Identify and escalate any detected control deficiencies
• Possess a basic knowledge of the regulatory guidance and requirements for investigations and SAR completion.
• Come in contact with highly sensitive and confidential information.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelors degree isn't a hard requirement but is a preference.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Stephen Armstrong
Phone: (843) 746-5802