Consulting Systems Engineer
World Wide Technology
Posting ID: 5000805608006
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 6,500 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Consulting Systems Engineer to join our SLED West team within Public Sector.
Why should you join the SLED team?
As a Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE), you will be acting as the technical consultant to multiple accounts across State and local government as well as both K-12 and higher education in the Colorado area. These areas are essential to our day to day lives and the SLED team is providing mission-aligned strategies to ensure the customer is identifying the right solutions to solve their technology challenges.
Want to learn more about our SLED team? Check us out on our platform: https://www.wwt.com/public-sector
What will you be doing?
The Consulting Systems Engineer role is to achieve impressive goals by offering World Wide Technology’s advanced suite of products through multiple OEM’s including Cisco, Dell, HP, NetApp and VMware, to name a few. The CSE, in partnership with a talented Client Manager, will build consultative relationships as the technical liaison. Their focus is on expanding WWT’s footprint of services capabilities from deployment services to post deployment strategic staffing. This position is located in the Colorado area and will consist of predominantly local meetings with the potential for up to 25% travel.
- Technical Pre-Sales Consulting Systems Engineering focused on customizable and innovative IT Solutions (Infrastructure Modernization, Multi-Cloud Architecture, Security and Digital Transformation).
- Serve as the technical liaison to all supported clients selling complex product and services offered by WWT.
- Network design and architecture consulting.
- Attend business appointments with Client Managers; partner with OEMs and internal sales and engineering teams to drive business outcomes.
- Assist in developing Statements of Work and Bill of Materials.
- Estimate labor hours for Professional Services work.
- 2-3+ years Technical Sales Experience in relevant industry and Associate to Advanced level technical certification in a single domain.
- 5+ years progressive experience as Technical consultant, Technical Specialist, System Engineer, or comparable position performing the duties of this position.
- Candidates must have a successful track record in sales, preferably in the SLED Colorado market.
- Experience supporting enterprise network environments with a focus in any of the following technologies: Infrastructure Modernization, Multi-Cloud Architecture, Security and Digital Transformation.
- Strong sales consulting experience and the ability to partner with sales, engineering teams and OEMs.
- Excellent oral and written communication, product demonstration, customer service, and presentation skills are required.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and ability to collaborate.
- Industry certifications are desired (i.e. Cisco, VMware, AWS).
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Compensation range: 100-150k base salary + commission/bonus
- WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT – it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
Job Number: #21-2182
Posting Locations:Denver, Colorado
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072