Senior Staff Accountant
Posting ID: JP-002511480
Aston Carter is hiring a Senior Staff Accountant for one of our largest clients in the south Denver area! This opportunity is part of the General Ledger Group within the accounting department. This group records and analyzes various revenue streams within the company. This role works with those various departments to provide accurate and timely financial reporting's. If you are looking for an amazing company who promotes great work culture, please apply!
- Coordination and completion of the month end close process with timeliness and accuracy meeting all deadlines.
- Preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and audit support schedules. Financial Statement variance analysis as well as other analytics.
- Providing monthly results to Accounting leadership and Business Owners of various departments.
- Assistance in the development, implementation and maintenance of processes, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with company policy. Maintenance of the internal controls to ensure accurate and timely administration, compliance and reporting for general ledger and management reporting purposes.
- Assistance with the implementation of major, complex projects that have substantial impact to the organization as well as the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with SOX and GAAP.
- Develop and implement projects, process, and efficiency to assist in accomplishment of established goals. Effective communication and collaboration with team members, managers, business partners, and field staff.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university plus 5+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and business theory.
- Ability to assess and recommend improvements for processes and procedures.
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Comfortable in a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Proficiency in Excel with exposure to Access and Word. Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems a plus.
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Isabel Barton