Scrum Master II
Posting ID: JP-002663916
The Scrum Master’s job is to deliver maximum value to the customer. Scrum Masters facilitate daily stand-ups and supporting the team in following the SAFe planning and delivery process. Scrum Masters also handle traditional project management duties including: scope definition, project staffing, communication of status to clients and partners, budget oversight, and risk/issue management. They often author user stories, acceptance criteria and execute a portion of the testing on projects.
• Serve the team and Product Owner in turning requirements into a solution.
• Track progress and help the team achieve its commitments. Progress is monitored daily when problems are identified; work with team to develop corrective actions.
• Manage and report the status of scope, schedule, and resourcing (potentially financials).
• Extract and document requirements. Author user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Ensure team members understand processes and support the team in following them.
• Ensure product quality expectations are defined and known across the team. Collaborate with the team in scheduling work, including defect remediation; refactoring; and guarding against the accumulation of technical debt.
• Work with technical team and Product Owner to balance the interests of both when issues arise.
• Remove impediments to allow the team to focus on engineering tasks.
• Take the lead on resolving conflicts within the team by removing any roadblocks to collaboration.
• Facilitate Program Increment (PI) planning and scrum ceremonies including sprint pre/planning meetings, daily stand-up, and sprint review meetings.
• Guide retrospective discussions and support continuous improvement efforts.
• Limit external interference to the team.
Scrum, Jira, Project management, SAFe, pmp, scaled agile
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Degree – Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Business or related field
• Exceptional people skills; relationship builder. Comfortable working with a diverse group of individuals and serve as arbitrator when conflicts arise.
• Practical understanding of how to scope, decompose, and estimate work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of basic project management tools, e.g. MS Project, Jira.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072