Production Technician - $20.73/hr!
Posting ID: JP-002350790
Aerotek is hiring PRODUCTION TECHNICIANS in Longmont, CO for JM Smucker Co. Apply now for this DIRECT PLACEMENT with opportunity for growth, amazing benefits and a hourly rate of $20.73/hr!! Call (970)-776-5252 for more details, and to apply now.
Responsible for the safe production and quality of our frozen products through the operation, maintenance, and sanitation of food production and packaging equipment. Expectations are to learn all aspects of the operation of the equipment, gain knowledge and build skills to perform at a high level over time.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Produce high quality products in a safe and healthful manner.
- Assigned shift attendance is required.
- To work in all areas of production and packaging, as assigned, which includes operating, being in close proximity to and crossing platforms over machinery.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Assist fellow employees as needed.
- Understands and supports the Safety program policies and performs work-related activities in a safe manner. Recognizes unsafe working conditions and suggests new safety standards as appropriate.
- Ability to perform the operation of the equipment, perform general maintenance, preventive maintenance as assigned, and CIP/CIL/COP sanitation operations as required.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment, sanitation equipment, basic hand tools.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Six months of positive work history preferred.
- Computer knowledge, data entry
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as a safety rules, FMPs, and general instructions. Good communication skills are required both verbally and written. Ability to use a computer and input data required for production
Shift & Compensation:
2-2-3 Shift schedule: 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights every 2 weeks
Day shift: 6am-6:30pm $20.73
Night Shift: 6pm-6:30am $20.73
Payments are based on "Progression Model" with plenty room for growth and pay increases. Entry Level pay starts at $19.48days/ $20.73 nights.
- 120 hours vacation
- 12 paid holidays
- 32 hours paid time off (PTO)
- 12 weeks parental leave
- HSA: Health Savings Account
- 401K fully vested on start date (company matching contribution up to 7%)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Physical Demands & Environment:
- The employees must occasionally lift/push/pull or carry up to fifty (50) pounds and should be able to lift 30-35 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Standing and walking for entire shift.
- The employee must be able to climb steps on a frequent basis.
- Clean environment: will be wearing smocks, gloves, hairnet, masks, safety glasses.
At least 6 months to 1 year
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For more information, please call Natalie at (970) 776-5252.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Rosendahl, Natalie