Construction Specialist III
Posting ID: JP-002664666
• Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
• Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping concerning project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
• Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
• Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
• Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
• Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
• Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support, technical, or production staff who perform tasks in the same function
• Sets priorities for the team. Assigns tasks and checks work at regular intervals
• Responsible for ensuring all work performed on the project meets or exceeds company, Local, State or Federal standards and regulations.
• Primary Responsibilities:
• Updating the JT or Polaris entry (job docs/maps) QC for path verification
• Primary contractor interface day-to-day in the field and in turn acts as the NGAN liaison with the Regional network Technicians
• New or upgraded power supply in place and operational (in continuity) prior to cut date.
• Overall responsibility of the quality of the NGAN product: from the contractor building and to the Operations we hand off to
• It is expected that this role is in the field 90% of their time
Osp, fiber, coax, HFC, construction, node-splits
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Responsible for overseeing outside plant fiber and coax construction supporting node-splits, plant rebuilds and upgrades.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072