Posting ID: JP-002659317
A top client is in search of an Electromechanical engineer. Someone with a combination of Electrical / Mechanical / Software experience. Good communicator and team player. Position will interact with all phases of product development form inception to completion. Person will interact with sales, design team, management, production staff, and clients. Good understanding of mechanical/electrical principles a must.
- Perform semi-technical work on development and production projects, integrating requirements with own understanding of the complete project. Construct component models, as requested.
- Setup customer specific system, program and functional test. Site travel is required from
- proposal to commissioning.
- Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and products, and record data. May perform basic analyses to check reasonableness, prepare test reports and maintain records.
- May work nonstandard schedules and/or at off-site locations with exposure to varying
- environmental conditions.
- Person in this role must be "hands on", company has a team mentality, must be willing/able to interface with different teams within the company to achieve goals
- Troubleshoot equipment and apply own knowledge and experience towards the solution of any problems, such as types of repairs or modifications required.
- BS in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
- Proficiency in Autocad 2D/3D (preferred)
- Understanding of electrical schematics and ability to read mechanical drawings
- Good Understanding of Software Programming
- Comfortable in a "hands-on" environment, comfortable with shop tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, drill press, soldering iron, hydraulic press, cleaning solvents forklift, and overhead crane operation.
- Computer proficiency, MS office suite, C++(a plus!)
- Ability to do prototype electrical wiring, (soldering capabilities a plus)
- Excellent verbal/written/communication skills
- Comfortable with travel (up to 1 week per month)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072