Roadside Assistance Representative
Posting ID: JP-002660043
Roadside Assistance Representative
- Receives incoming calls from prospective and current members requesting road service
- Processes requests and gathers required information in order to provide timely service
- Answers members’ questions and provides detailed information regarding road service products and services
- Takes road service calls while being mindful of members’ emotional and physical wellbeing (e.g., safety, calming down an angry member, providing reassurance to an anxious member, etc.).
- Gathers information regarding road service calls, including verification of membership number, name, telephone number, e-mail, vehicle description and location, and nature of vehicular problem.
- Utilizes department software, such as D3, MemberzPlus, Navigator, to ensure efficient dispatch, prioritize calls for safety issues, and research membership status.
- Takes required action to help member determine exact location of disabled vehicle or meeting place (i.e., asking probing questions and referring to maps or other materials.).
- Adheres to department standards for after call work, talk time, and staffed time.
- Provides information to members on road service policies and procedures.
- Explains the benefits of their membership and sells memberships.
- Ensures that members are aware of costs associated with all services provided.
- When appropriate, advises the member of other products and services, such as mobile battery replacement, windshield repair, Premier and PLUS Memberships, car rentals, and hotel reservations.
- Determines appropriate course of action for each call received consulting with supervisors for members with special circumstances
- Attempts to accommodate members in "borderline" situations, including membership verification and new member’s applications
- Tracks estimated time of arrivals (ETAs) and acts to resolve long-standing service calls
- Acts as interface between Dispatch and members to enhance customer service.
- Responds to a wide variety of member inquiries (often unrelated to Emergency Road Service), referring members to other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
Top Skills Details:
- Customer service
- Call center
- Customer support
- First call resolution
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required, or 4 years relevant experience
Job type: permanent
Hours: 1st or 2nd shift
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Andrew Paigo