Job Search & More
BSA Analyst (Fully On-Site)
Posted Thursday, July 6, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003886636
Under general direction, responsible for various day-to-day Fraud/BSA/Anti-Money Laundering (AML). Responsibilities include compiling, monitoring, and reporting customer/account information regarding BSA and related laws and regulations, preparing SAR/Non SAR recommendations for review by the BSA Officer, and for timely and accurate SAR preparation prior to management review and submission to FinCEN. Additional duties include daily/weekly review and reporting of: Cash Transactions (Large Cash and Foreign Currency), Work with Persons records, Monetary Instrument Log and OFAC and weekly CTR preparation prior to review and submission to FinCEN. Duties include completing various Fraud/BSA worklists/activity reviews, supporting Fraud/BSA Team with daily responsibilities and ongoing projects as they arise.
- AML/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Monitoring - Perform AML/BSA worklist review and report questionable activities to BSA Officer through case management. Responsible for the following reviews: monthly Monetary Instrument Logs, daily Cash Aggregation reports, loans paid in cash/pay downs, international wires (including FATF review), missing TINs, and OFAC reviews/certification.
- AML/BSA Regulatory Reporting - Duties include preparing CTRs, SARs, and other related reporting. Conducts the initial review of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) submitted by the branches and makes any necessary changes before submitting for secondary review and submission to FinCEN. Detects and reports potential activities for Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) filings according to management and regulatory deadlines and requirements; creates task/case and conducts investigation prior to assigning to Fraud/BSA Analyst 2. Conducts the secondary review of the Board of Directors Report and Internal SAR Report.
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) – Prepares thorough task/case notes and documentation to support SAR/Non-SAR recommendations; prepares accurate and timely SARs according to standards established by the Bank’s BSA Officer and in accordance with FinCEN standards when SAR decision is made.
- AML/BSA System Validation – Support Team with AML/BSA software release testing/verification, periodic parameter reviews/suspicious activity detection system validations to insure effective detection efforts.
- Case Management - Maintains and updates Fraud/BSA case management systems and tracks all relevant information. Establishes account alerts and communicates with/to Retail Banking employees or Relationship Managers as needed.
- Communications - Interacts with internal customers to provide a positive customer experience.
- Procedures/Daily Task Lists - Assists in maintaining departmental documentation and keeps daily task list up to date.
- Project assistance – assists Manager with administrative/data gathering as needed to support project plans
- Regulatory - Assists BSA Officer with audit and exam preparations. Stays current with changes in AML/BSA regulations and trends.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in business or related field or equivalent experience (i.e. 2-4 years’ experience in professional financial services).
- Requires specialized knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Money Laundering Control Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), FATF, PEP regulations, and all associated regulations and interpretations.
- Ability to timely meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Sound communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented with a strong customer focus.
- Familiarity with various Fraud/BSA/AML detection systems, preferred
- Strong and organized research and analytical skills
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite products.
Recruiter: Crystal Zimmerman
Phone: (617) 535-3218