Desktop/Service Desk Support Consultant
Posting ID: JP-002661452
• Via approved interfaces, monitors the systems and applications that comprise the computing environment, including the telecommunications circuits.
• Serve on centralized IT Service Desk team; monitor, acknowledge, and dispatch service requests logged via online trouble reporting system; triage technical issues and / or escalate to the appropriate support teams as necessary.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software trouble reports; take documented recovery measures; escalate to appropriate subject matter expert where applicable.
• Routinely walk through, monitor, and investigate as necessary the systems in computer rooms.
• Configure new desktop and laptops using baseline pc images.
• Certification in software support, such as Microsoft and/or A+ certifications; electronics, electrical industry, or computer technology equivalent.
Desktop, Help desk, Support, Help desk support
Top Skills Details:
Desktop,Help desk,Support,Help desk support
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This candidate would be working at Windsor CT location on a rotating shift where they will be granted 10% shift differential and overtime as well.
This consultant will be helping them get through a shortage of staff at their 2 locations where they have 5 technicians at each location on a rotating shift. This shift will include several 12 hour days and some nights but will allow for long stretches of time off as well. The challenge is generally finding people with shift experience to do this work. They are the front face to the control board where the if the system operators have an issue, they can call this person to ensure problems get resolved quickly. The nature of the job is boiled down to being a reliable resource to show up and deliver service when needed. Onsite presence for these shifts are mandatory as many tasks will include hands on work.
This resource will work in their NOC but be more focused on hardware utility devices, reading data on power frequencies, building computers and equipment for new employees etc. This is an Extended version of your traditional helpdesk. Resource will need to be able to work under pressure and be ready to be responsive for critical time windows when systems go down. Having good people skills will be critical in this role to resolve issues or problems that arise with users.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072