Assistant Project Manager
Posting ID: JP-002177712
**Must have experience in the CONSTRUCTION space as an APM using Design-Build or DGS in order to be considered for this opportunitiy**
This APM on the cusp of becoming a Project Manager will be working on exciting, high-level commercial construction projects throughout he DMV. Our client competes directly with companies such as MCN Build, Whiting Turner, John Moriarty & Associates, Chiaramonte Construction, Coakley & Williams, Clark, etc. Most of the work this APM/PM will be doing will be in the $2 million - $5 million range. The first project they will be working on is the Arboretum project in Washington, DC, which is a really neat design-build project where this candidate will gain valuable experience. They will be managing a lot of site work, and working closely with the PM's to ensure that the budgeting, scheduling, and all documentation is done properly as the job rolls on.
- Assistant Project Manager
- Design build
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. 2+ years of design-build or DGS experience as an APM (all of the work is design-build work or DGS work, so other experience is irrelevant)
2. Experience with submittals, scheduling, and budgeting (not just looking, but actually putting these together with the PM's in the past)
3. Good communication skills - will be participating in/running meetings, and will be interacting with all the clients, owners, and subs on site
- This candidate will be in both the office and on the site supervising site work - It will be important that this individual be comfortable both in office and in the field
- Someone who wants to be an in office APM without solid field experience would not be the right fit for this opening
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Madison Leigh