Sr Service Desk Technician
Posting ID: JP-002660835
Serves as the initial point of contact and resolution for IT related incidents and requests. Accepts and documents customer reports of incidents and service requests through telephone, voicemail, email, self-service portal, instant messaging, and personal visits to the Service Desk. Interfaces directly with supported end-users to provide hardware, software, and network problem resolution. Clearly and professionally communicates via phone, email, and instant messaging with end users and technicians. Troubleshoots, researches, diagnoses, documents, and resolves basic technical issues. Documents, tracks, resolves, and reports on problems and work orders using ServiceNow. Has advanced technical understanding of the technical environment, including applications, operating systems, machine configurations, and networked devices. Experience troubleshooting core services (file, e-mail, print, web, portal and transport). Escalates incident to the appropriate when the incident cannot be resolved by the Service Desk.
Help desk support, Help desk, Windows 10, Troubleshooting, Support, Service desk, Office 365, ServiceNow, ticketing system, Customer service, mobile device, Phone support, Technical support, email
Top Skills Details:
- Help desk support ,Help desk, Windows 10, Troubleshooting, Support ,Service desk, Microsoft Office 365, ServiceNow, ticketing system
- Understanding of help desk metrics, queues, and staff schedules to ensure compliance with SLAs (they want lead capabilities in the person but this is not a management position)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma and a MINIMUM of five to seven years of experience, of which at least four years must be specialized.
- Specialized experience includes: support of standard office computing equipment (PC’s, laptops, tablets, printers), PC operating systems, (e.g., Windows), Microsoft Office Suite, standard business software applications, smart phones, automated ticket tracking systems, and work on a service desk.
- Formal technical training and/or further education (AA or BS) are a plus and may be substituted for some experience requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must have a positive and patient customer service attitude.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Must be able to attain agency suitability clearance prior to start date.
- ServiceNow experience is preferred.
- Experience supporting a mid to large Federal agency enterprise is a plus.
- Mac support experience is a plus.
- No specific certifications are required, but A+, HDI, ITIL v3 Foundations or other relevant certifications are a plus.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072