Posting ID: JP-002342662
Mechanic II will repair and maintain mechanical equipment, building infrastructure and conduct preventative maintenance. This individual will paint, repair flooring, work on plumbing, electrical, and air-conditioning and heating systems. In the event of an emergency this individual may be called to support necessary tasks associated with that emergency. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but the hospital may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ day to day.
Sunday- Wednesday: 3pm-11:30pm, 11pm-7:30am
Wednesday-Saturday: 3pm-11:30, 11pm-7:30am
• Perform maintenance service or repairs in one or more skill areas, including minor plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs or installations, or vehicle servicing.
• Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed trades person or journeyman.
• Cleans and lubricates parts.
• Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• Complies with all hospital safety and infection control policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• May perform snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.
• May be required to assist with special events.
• May drive a cart or other vehicle.
• Assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn new skills as required for advancement and certification.
• May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
• May coordinate work activities with Mechanic I’s.
• May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
• Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
• Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
• Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
• May orders replacement parts and equipment with management approval.
• Inspects completed repairs.
• May be required to inventory equipment, parts and supplies.
• May repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
maintenance technician, HVAC, electrical, maintenance engineer, repair, trouble shoot, plumbing, boiler, chiller, painting, patching hole
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
MINIMUM SKILL/APTITUDE REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Samrah Siddiqui