Oracle Database Administrator
Posting ID: JP-002665374
TEKsystems is looking for an experienced DBA with 10-12 years of experience to move data between databases using golden Gate ,PL/SQL, and Ansible as well as conduct all required performance tuning and trouble shooting. This is not a production DBA and is in fact a development DBA that will be working with almost 40-50 databases that need support in terms of monitoring, backups and health checks which are primary duties and GCP experience which is a plus. The candidate will need to posses experience in the following:
- knowledge in Oracle Database Administration and maintenance.
- Experience in a high volume, highly scalable transaction processing environment.
- Experience with workflow automation tools such as Ansible
- Well versed with day to day schema changes and database maintenance.
- Assists in developing and implementing best practices for DR and Backups.
- Assists in Defining and implementing maintenance plans for the database system.
- Performance Optimization, SQL Optimization, Troubleshooting.
- Responsible for solving production problems in a timely manner, including off hours and weekend support when necessary.
- Knowledge of supporting Oracle on GCP will be a plus
Oracle, Database administrator, Pl/sql, Performance tuning, golden gate, Sql, gcp, Data guard, Shell script
Top Skills Details:
Oracle, Database administrator ,Pl/sql, Performance tuning, golden gate, Sql
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Supporting Oracle on GCP using Golden Gate
2) Knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios using RMAN
3) Experience using Data Guard
4) Ability to work off-hours occasionally
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072