Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003779068
• Prepare tissue specimens for microscopic examinations.
• Maintain and review quality control in assigned laboratory facilities.
• Determine the acceptability of testing results and instrument function.
• Maintain all equipment and place orders for reagents and materials.
• Maintain records of samples including sample accessioning and paraffin block and slide files.
• Follow specimen handling and processing procedures.
• Participates in the formulation and revision of departmental policies and procedures.
• Provide guidance and leadership to employees within assigned section.
• Make recommendations for improvement of laboratory functions.
• Handle clinical and patient concerns in a confidential manner employing integrity and discretion.
• Identify and resolve problems with equipment and specimen integrity.
• Examine slides under microscope to ensure tissue preparation meets laboratory requirements.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Responsible for the preparation of surgical specimens for Histologic processing.
• Describe gross anatomic features of routine, uncomplicated surgical specimens, ensuring that all lesions, markings, and sutures are mentioned.
• May be trained to perform basic Histology functions (i.e., embedding, microtomy, routine and special stains and frozen sectioning).
• Capable of grossing simple to moderate complex specimens under direct and indirect supervision, as applicable to training and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to handle broader range of specimens with indirect supervision (i.e., gall bladders, oriented skin lesions, etc.).
• Record measurements, weight, volume, and any abnormal findings as applicable.
• Dissect surgical specimens and prepare tissues for histologic processing.