Job Search & More
Posted Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003911846
Clearwater, FL | $65K-70K salary
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Employment type: Direct Placement
- Location: Clearwater, FL
The Buyer is responsible for maintaining the supply chain inventory levels for multiple US warehouses. The Buyer must be capable of ensuring inventory levels are met, but not exceed, in each location. This role is responsible for maintaining clear and accurate records of all business transactions for the organization in regards to purchasing.
• Prepare purchase orders using system tools provided, analyzing forecast against historical demand and current trends for optimal quantity to meet business needs
• Maintain a balance of product service level and inventory cost across multiple facilities, as it relates to the Retail team including dealer, distributor, mass merchant and direct to consumer channels.
• In all areas of responsibility negotiate the lowest possible cost while maintaining approved quality within project timeframe.
• Build strong vendor relationships and monitor vendor delivery performance to drive improvement
• Collaborate with necessary departments to resolve product billing or shipping issues.
• Provide electronic component forecasts related to the goods where they are used as needed monthly.
• Maintain and update accurate product information within system ERP (Oracle NetSuite) as well as supply chain planning tools (Blueridge).
• Identify and communicate product sales trends to avoid outages or overages that result from these trends
• Monitor various queues for purchasing actions.
• Communicate clearly with purchasing & logistics team in China about matters related to open PO's and transit status
• Provide necessary inventory reports to other departments, vendors and global entities
• Proactively support Product Development teams in all aspects of purchasing from the development stage on. Includes ownership of launch dates, communicating project timelines to vendors and meeting deadlines which impact delivery.
• Work with internal production team and quality for value added steps or launching new items that require handling.
• Implement and use one off processes to meet customer requirements for dealers, distributors, commercial customers and mass merchants.
• Manage/consolidate supplier base to efficiently support business needs
• Validate new vendors (primarily Asia based) for their terms, price, policies, lead times, capacity, etc.
• Work with other offices globally to combine requirements when beneficial
• Support marketing collateral to meet their timeframes
• Research and recommend product or vendor sourcing solutions when challenges arise
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience and knowledge of Domestic and International purchasing. Asia preferred but not required
• Strong computer and technical skills, especially in Excel, and a working understanding of
• Understanding of logistical requirements to supply multisite operations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment with multiple disciplines of the business.
• Demonstration competence in decision making.
• Electronic component supply chain awareness is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 3+ years’ experience in purchasing.
• Experience with NetSuite is preferred.
• Experience with Blue Ridge is preferred.
Recruiter: Shemiyah McKnight