Embedded Software Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002665557
As a software engineer, you will design and develops software applications. You must be capable of working on a project independently and resolving all software problems that come up. Performs coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development process. You will get to work with other engineering and functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of equipment, machinery, and resources. May direct junior level software engineers.
· Develop product and test software modules using VHDL and Verilog
· Develop software modules using the C programming language for
real time embedded systems.
· Develop test software modules using C, C++, Python, and/or
Labview programming language.
· Develop build automation scripts using Python, Bash, and Windows
· Prepare and Participate in software, electronics and system
· Test software using lab instrumentation such as oscilloscopes
and signal generators.
· File bug reports for defects noticed during testing.
· Correct software bugs and resolve software bug reports.
· Support other software engineers in the software development
· Participate in product software failure analysis activities and
compile test and failure analysis reports.
· Generate software design documentation and report data from
· Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
· May provide training and/or direction to technicians.
· May provide input to bid and proposal activities.
· May provide communications and/or presentations to customers,
suppliers or vendors
· May require participation in product field tests requiring
Embedded software, C++, Embedded c, C, real time embedded
systems, Python, Labview, FPGA, CPLD, FreeRTOS, UART, SPI I2C, DMA, Micrium,
DSP, Software Defined Radio
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
· 5 years of experience in software, C programming language for
real time embedded systems
· test software modules using C, C++, Python, and/or Labview
· 3 years developing digital logic, FPGA, CPLD designs.
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in BSCS, Engineering,
or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
· Understand how to read schematics and understand electronics
· Experience with microprocessor components and peripherals, UART,
SPI, I2C, DMA, interrupts, clock configuration, etc. also known as Low Level or
· Experience with device driver and operating system
· Experience with peripherals, such as Analog to Digital
Converters, ADCs, Digital to Analog Converters
· Experience with FreeRTOS, Micrium uC-OS products, or equivalent
· Digital logic design using Field Programmable Gate Arrays, FPGA
and Complex Programmable Logic Devices, CPLDs with Verilog and VHDL and
verification with ModelSim.
· Understand concepts needed to create drivers for hardware interfaces.
· Good working knowledge of full software development lifecycle.
· Familiarity of software tools (requirements tracking, compilers,
assemblers, debuggers, programmers, JTAG, etc.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072