Job Search & More
Junior Electrical Engineer
Posted Monday, July 10, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003894016
Our client is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team in South Florida. They will be supporting the electrical design for municipal water/wastewater system related projects. Great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to work with a great team and support exciting government projects.
- Function as the Designer/Project Engineer on projects involving medium and low voltage power distribution systems, lighting system and grounding system for Municipal Water and Wastewater facilities and Industrial Projects using recognized industry standards and specifications.
- Develop design details for electrical power distribution system (480V level), lighting system and control system for major industrial facilities using recognized industry standards and specifications.
- Perform system calculations and studies for electrical power system, load flows, voltage drops, short circuit/coordination studies using electrical analytical software (E-Tap/SKM Tools).
- Coordinate with CAD Drafters to create new or modify existing drawings.
- Perform field investigation and condition assessment of electrical power distribution and control equipment.
- 1-7 years of relevant design experience. Industrial or large complex commercial projects. Water/Wastewater experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of standards and codes pertaining to electrical distribution and control system.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Preliminary knowledge of instrumentation devices (level/pressure/temp/flow) preferred
- Effective communication skills – verbal and writing with supervisor, colleagues, and clients. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Company Culture/Environment- The company culture is very casual and informal. They hire great people and give them the freedom they need to get their job completed, while providing any support needed. There is no formal performance appraisal. Performance is judged on the satisfaction of their clients.
- Flexibility- Open to working a hybrid schedule, with a minimum of 3 days in the Ft. Lauderdale office.
- Stability- They never hire for projects, only for growth opportunities. During the recession, they did not lay off a single employee.
- They have been in South Florida since 2007, performed $1.5 and 1.8 million in work the last 2 years, and have a very strong backlog of work in S. FL (Sub on the MWH Plant Design contract for the Miami Dade WASD Consent Decree. Sub to Hazen, CDM, and Brown & Caldwell for work in Broward County and Palm Beach County), as well as a lot of work in other locations that can be supported remotely.
- Opportunity to help to continue building the south Florida operations and work on some high-profile projects in South Florida.
- The company culture is very casual and informal. They hire great people and give them the freedom they need to get their job completed, while providing any support needed.
- They are flexible with hours, for production positions.
- Our client is a 50+ person company, based in Detroit, with offices in Indianapolis, Cleveland, and South Florida.
- The Ft. Lauderdale office currently has 6 employees.
- Must be in the Ft. Lauderdale office 3 days/week minimum. Ok with working hybrid.
- Will be required to attend meetings in Tri County Area (maybe 1-2/month in person).
Recruiter: Carli Chifari