Posting ID: JP-002660097
Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in Ft. Lauderdale. This person will support a variety of government projects, including pump stations, treatment plants, and the plumbing, HVAC and piping for other various types of municipal buildings.
- Perform field investigation and condition assessment of Mechanical/HVAC system equipment.
- Develop design for mechanical process piping, plumbing and HVAC systems for Water/Wastewater facilities using recognized industry standards and specifications.
- Perform system calculations and studies for piping, plumbing and HVAC system – Layout, Sizing, Head Loss, etc. using analytical software.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- PE License in State of Florida is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of HVAC System design experience, with similar responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of standards and codes pertaining to mechanical & plumbing system.
- Working knowledge of Auto-CAD, Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Effective communication skills – verbal and writing with supervisor, colleagues and clients.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072