Posting ID: 7363037
The Staff Accountant is responsible for financial reporting and must adhere to solid accounting principles and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements are produced to owners. This position has tight deadlines and includes a multitude of accounting functions. The Staff Accountant will have contact with senior level managers, hotel owners, and corporate executives.
Monday June 1st 2020 was Go Live for Workday Financial in the company. Previously used M3 Hotel Accounting Core but Workday Payroll knowledge is a plus or Sage
1. Staff Accountants are expected to learn and demonstrate proficiency in using Workday Financials via combination of on the job training and video webinars.
2. Maintain and keep accurate daily cash flow registers and projections in Excel, monitoring available daily cash to meet obligations.
3. Daily bank reconciliations are required using Workday Financials. Manual bank reconciliations in Excel are also required from time to time to ensure bank accounts are balanced with zero discrepancies.
4. Ensure all bank reconciliations with statements and supporting documentation are scanned to Workday by end of month for Controllers to review.
5. Work directly with the GM's, RDO's, and internal auditor to mitigate over/short adjustments. Weekly contact with the GM's at a minimum is required to review cash and credit card deposit errors.
6. Monthly mortgage payments and mortgage reconciliations are required. Regular contact with lenders is expected to ensure accuracy in postings and escrow balances.
7. Review, reconcile and submit monthly capital FFE draws to lenders.
8. Review and submit monthly any special rent or lease payments.
9. Review, reconcile and file monthly lodging, sales, and consumers use tax.
10. Work directly with the GM's, RDO's, and internal auditor to mitigate tax discrepancies in collections and payments.
11. Work with taxing authorities and hotel staff during audit periods to provide requested documentation in support of tax filings.
12. Assist Controllers in gathering documents for annual financial audits.
13. Assist corporate staff with hotel openings and take-overs to set up accounting related items needed for new properties (including but not limited to): utilities, business licenses, bank accounts, credit card merchant accounts, and vendors.
14. Responsible for filing and payment of annual license renewals.
15. Work with payroll staff to ensure payroll journal entries and accruals are balanced and accurate.
16. Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts is required (including but not limited to): prepaids, accruals, payroll deductions, trade accounts, escrows, and intercompany accounts.
17. Ensure all invoices are correctly coded and paid on time through coordination with support staff. Process hotel check batches and manual checks.
18. Follow up when necessary with vendors on invoice payments and refunds.
19. Ensure all back up images for AP and journal entries are scanned to Workday.
20. Responsible for allocating and reconciling intercompany invoices and loans.
21. The Staff Accountant is responsible for a '1st review' of the balance sheet and income statement before submitting to Controllers for final review.
22. Assist with keying and analyzing budgets in Workday and Broadvine.
23. Assist with special projects as needed.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Garrett Foster