Posting ID: JP-002341372
Looking for experienced Technician to join phenomenal company with amazing culture. Great pay and potential for growth. 1st and 2nd shift available, 4x10 schedule in AC production warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Visually inspects serial numbers and part condition to verify if parts are acceptable.
• Interpret findings from inspection documentation activities and react according to established procedures.
• Tracks and manages tooling and consumable inventories.
• Performs liquid and tape masking on components using various tools and equipment according to WI/Drawings to maintain coating allowances.
• Performs manual and robotic pre-process grit blasting for thermal spray on components according specification and interpret results.
• Utilizes precision measuring equipment as required to check work and record in electronic database.
• In process inspection of own work and work of others before part movement to next operation.
• Operate controls on atmospheric and vacuum furnaces under direct supervision, load and unload own work.
• Knowledge of loading configurations and AMS2750 requirements for furnaces and locations of job aides.
• Assists operators in setting up their equipment and maintenance of tooling.
• Operates small cranes and fork-lifts to move equipment, parts and material.
• Data entry/confirmation of the required quality documentation.
• Reporting and monitoring of abnormal production time per production step.
• Carrying out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment and tools.
• Following Environmental Health and Safety regulations while working in fast pace environment.
• Continually improving operations and the working environment through 5s methodology.
• Performing waste handling in accordance to EHS procedures & legal requirements, such as:
o Segregating waste generated
o Placing hazardous and non-hazardous waste in appropriate containers
o Maintaining waste containers closed and in good condition
o Labeling waste containers with appropriate hazardous waste and non-hazardous waste labels
o Marking the start accumulation date to hazardous waste label once the container in the satellite accumulation area becomes full.
o Arranging internal waste transfer to central accumulation area
o Contain and clean up area incidental spills
• Independently carry out assigned technician work and independently correct non-conforming hardware during the reconditioning process where applicable.
• Minimal experience in thermal spray booth operations under direct supervision
• Training of all entry level technicians for coating prep, braze and heat treatment.
• Set-up and installation of brazing equipment according to process requirements
• Execution of brazing requirements on gas turbine components as per the required technical specification for joining and putty braze.
• Experience with grinding and blasting of components for braze preparation according specification.
• Advise and / or participate in the design and fabrication of brazing tools and fixtures as required.
• Reporting of technical deviations to Cell Lead/Supervisor.
• Keeping the working environment and machines in a clean and proper condition
• Other duties as assigned.
Technician, grind, Polish, spray, blast, finish, surface, shop, manufacture
Top Skills Details:
Technician, grind, Polish ,spray ,blast ,finish ,surface ,shop ,manufacture
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 2+ years of experience manufacturing experience with specific skills in at least one of the following disciplines: grinding, blending coatings, coatings application, coatings removal (strip line), blasting, heat treat, machining or welding or similar skillset.
• 2+ years of experience with interpretation of technical drawings or work instructions
• 2+ years of experience in a production or maintenance environment
• Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Basic knowledge of MS Office programs, SAP, time keeping applications and folder structures.
• Stooping/Crouching. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
• Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
• Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
• Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time
• Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work area to another.
• Pushing & Pulling
• Lifting up to 50 lbs. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
• Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
• Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Matthew Plunkett