Posting ID: JP-002660089
Our client is currently looking to grow their Electrical Distribution team in Tampa. They are seeking Distribution Engineers and Designers, to provide
engineering, design and drafting in the preparation of all projects assigned. They will also provide assistance/direction on engineering
projects and establish priorities, while providing innovation tools to support the long-term vision of the department and company.
- Evaluate electrical power systems and design overhead/underground replacements per utility standards.
- Develop/modify accurate estimates and engineering drawings using BlueBeam (PDF Software), AutoCAD and/or GIS software.
- Meet with manager, engineers and colleagues to review status of each project and determine an appropriate communication course of action.
- Visit site plan to determine the condition of existing utility and collecting necessary information for each project.
- Coordinate ROW acquisition, Planning, and design functions through regular project updates for schedule adherence and work forecast.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS, BA) in Electrical Engineering.
- Prior related internship or more experience
- Utility experience is preferred.
- Ability to write business correspondence and communicate effectively. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers, clients, customers, and local permitting agencies.
- Experience in writing and executing switching orders preferred. (not required)
- Working knowledge of Distribution engineering software tools like ARMS, JETS/JETS scheduling tool, DETS, Pole Foreman, CYME and DISTGIS/ArcMap are highly desired and preferred (not required)
- Working knowledge of OH and UG fiber optic and other telecommunication distribution means is preferred (not required)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072