Posting ID: JP-002660991
The Distribution Designer/Engineer will work on project teams to create world-class designs for new projects, alterations, and redevelopments on various 2.4kV to 34.5kV overhead and underground utility distribution projects. The Distribution Designer/Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting electrical distribution plans according to budget constraints, design factors, or client needs.
- Develop and prepare distribution voltage packages for both overhead and underground projects, including distribution equipment installation, feeder replacement, cable replacement, and new feeder design.
- Develop and prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials, and other required deliverables.
- Perform various distribution calculations, including cable pulling, voltage drop, and pole loading calculations.
- Apply strong knowledge of NESC standards and utility standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
- Research and compile project-related data as required by the project managers.
- Perform field inspections for overhead and underground electric facilities on public and private utility systems.
- Prepare and disseminate project communication regarding vegetation management, third-party attachments, right-of-way, and outage planning.
- Develop client presentations, reports, and visualizations to demonstrate technical results and project status.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
At least 1 year of relevant engineering experience, consulting preferred.
Strong knowledge of electrical distribution power flow.
Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite).
Proficiency in distribution design software and GIS to aid in design.
Strong knowledge regarding easements, right-of-way, and permitting for distribution projects.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072