Job Search & More
Posted Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003883570
Actalent Engineering is partnering up with a large DoD integrator to build a team of engineers for an exciting project.
Your responsibilities will include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, and architecting complex solutions supporting the building and test plan execution, performing quality reviews, and triaging and fixing operational issues. You will have the opportunity to become the subject matter expert for various subsystems of the aircraft and contribute to the overall design of the software.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to take ownership of hard problems and drive to a solution, while working in a team environment and provide leadership for its implementation. It is critical that you understand the software development life cycle and have an in-depth knowledge of automated testing to facilitate and analyze large data sets.
The Software Engineer will participate in the full life cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The Software Engineer will apply technical expertise in solving complex integrations problems. The Software Engineer will interact with Program Management, external suppliers and/or government customers. Therefore, excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 9-years of experience in software engineering OR a Master’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 7-years of experience in software engineering OR a PhD degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 4-years of experience in software engineering
• Demonstrated experience with C/C++ or other OOP languages like Java, C#
• Active DoD Secret level security clearance is required
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of legacy programming language: ADA or Fortran
• Experience with Windows and Linux
• Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Git and Confluence
• Familiarity with the Agile software development process
• Experience with formal software or systems test
• The ability to obtain and maintain special program access