Posting ID: JP-002660567
The Project Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Construction Project Manager to assure that the projects are completed and maintain the standard of excellence established by the company and customer. Certain tasks will be assigned by the Assistant Construction Project Manager to take the lead on with little oversight. Along with working with the Construction Project Manager, this role will be given opportunity to execute selected projects including managing financials, administration, implementation, and customer satisfaction. The Project Superintendent will ensure that quality standards are maintained across all tasks and projects.
Superintendents will support their clients in very sectors, performing new construction and large mechanical retrofits. Jobs range from $5 - $15 Million
Duties and responsibilities include:
-See job through from pre-construction through final inspections, punch-list & final as-built drawings.
-Provide leadership and represent the company in a professional manner.
-Supervise all on-site personnel, including employees, subcontractors, material suppliers & anyone else on the job site.
-Conduct subcontractor site & safety meetings.
-Coordinate subcontractors & suppliers & ensure they meet schedule and perform work in a quality manner.
-Communicate with Project Manager (verbally and in writing): daily reports, schedule updates, changes to work and/or schedule, unforeseen problems, etc.
-Communicate with client as required.
-Assure that schedule is met and all changes are properly documented and accounted for.
-Schedule and oversee inspections.
-Keep (daily) as-built drawings.
-Maintain a safe workplace.
-Complete all jobs on-time and under budget.
Type of projects: Commercial retrofit air conditioning systems, HVAC (schools, commercial buildings, govt buildings, etc).
* Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with stakeholders
* Ability to lead and manage onsite team, subcontractors, and provide daily updates to project manager
* Coordinates and oversees job site logistics, daily work activities, day - to - day customer interactions, and progress of all subcontractors
* Orders material for projects, responsible for on-site material, reconciles material shipments, and coordinates delivery of equipment and material with subcontractors.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Six years of construction industry experience; or two year degree from technical college in related field with four years of experience in the construction industry or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* High School Diploma at a minimum
* Proficient at reading plans, specifications; familiarity with project schedules, budgets, safety procedures, to ensure adherence to these.
* Comfortable with MS Office Suite & Outlook
* Excellent Communication skills (oral & verbal) - customer facing
* Must possess a valid drivers license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
NICE TO HAVE
*OSHA 30 certification (if required, Trane will facilitate)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072