Posting ID: JP-002350126
AEROTEK IS SEEKING ASSEMBLERS/PRODUCTION WORKERS IN VENICE, FL!!
Technicians assemble components for doors and windows and perform tasks in glass operations under guidance of leadership. Understands safety is a priority and observes/practices all safety procedures to prevent injury to self or co-workers and attends periodic safety meetings as required;
Encouraged to routinely recommend changes to improve safety procedures. Technicians responds attentively to training from leadership or more senior technicians to increase own knowledge of work processes.
Assembly, Mechanical, Hand tool, Blueprint, Mechanical assembly, Power tool, Production, Assembly line, General labor
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Prolonged standing for 8/10/12 hours, dependent on work schedule
• Varying degrees of temperature (i.e. high humidity, heat during summer months)
• Workplace atmosphere contains different dust levels dependent on machinery
• Noise levels moderate to high; Hearing protection mandatory on manufacturing floor (PPE)
• Safety shoes w/steel toes mandatory on manufacturing floor (PPE)
• Safety glasses mandatory on manufacturing floor (PPE)
• Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. frequently
• Occasionally lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
• Reaching overhead - occasional
• Bending/turning/twisting - frequently.
• Pushing/Pulling up to 100 lbs. on cart – occasional.
• Kneeling/squatting - occasional
• Repetitious movements (hands/wrists) during assembling of product - frequently
• Use of appropriate gloves when handling glass product
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Cameron Smalley