Posting ID: JP-002095848
Our client is currently seeking several Junior Level Environmental Scientists to join their team, in support of the Piney Point Clean Up Project. This person would report to the Consulting Services Manager and support a variety of Emergency Response, Remediation, and environmental due diligence projects. 75% field work vs. 25% office. They will initially support the project at Piney Point and 100% of the work will be performed in the field.
Clients that the Environmental Scientist will support include Disney, Publix, Mosaic, SeaWorld, Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC), Teco, Duke, Florida Power & Light (FPL), Seminole Electric, Lakeland Electric, Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), US Coast Guard, Blue Origin, etc.
They are expected to start out coming to the office each day, before heading out to the field. They will participate in a pre-con meeting, then take a company vehicle out to the project. Once they gain some experience and training, there is flexibility to drive straight to project sites (if it makes more sense logistically).
Most field work is daily travel, but there will be projects periodically throughout Florida that require overnight stay.
• Field work includes using hand augers and other various tools/instruments to obtain soil, sediment, water, waste and wastewater samples.
• Work requires performance of tasks outdoors under varying climatic conditions, working around hazardous materials.
• Perform environmental site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation; design, implementation and monitoring; pilot tests; data management; processing and evaluation
• Maintains test equipment and work area in clean working order, including modifying and calibrating equipment
• Maintain and trouble shoot mechanical remediation systems and monitoring systems
• Conducts environmental sampling and documents field activities in field notebooks and field graphics including groundwater sampling logs, well completion logs and soils logs
• Oversee work of subcontractors including construction and water well contractors, laboratories and others
• Prepare reports based upon field notes, interpretation of laboratory reports and other data, including source removal, site assessment and others
Environmental science, Hazwoper, Remediation, Geology, Groundwater, Osha 40, Site assessment, Environmental remediation, Report writing, Hazardous waste, Hazardous material, and Soil sampling
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or a physical science
• Valid Florida Driver’s License required
• OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training with updates preferred
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is a MUST
• Understanding environmental regulations related to contaminated sites, drinking water and related regulations
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
• Understand standard methods for analyzing various chemical parameters including applicable procedures, detection limits, and quality assurance techniques
• Proficient in the use of a computer to access, input, and review test data in spreadsheet, tables, graphs, and various software programs
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others including clients, agency personnel and the public, including strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be comfortable and physically able to perform the field duties of the job in an outdoor Florida environment and around hazardous materials.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072