Software Engineer - Entry Level
Posting ID: JP-002662393
Responsible for assisting Software Engineers and Test Engineers with documentation, process, testing and general engineering related support activities. Serve as team member participating in the verification and validation testing of software products. Develop formalized test procedures ensuring compliance to customer requirements and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct both automated and manual testing activities of application(s) (this can include both informal and formal testing activities)
- Assist in hardware and software integration tasks
- Assist in system integration tasks
- Collect / record engineering test data toward a given objective
- Write reports of testing activities
- Assist in writing and developing software test procedures and user manuals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- AS or BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, completed or in progress
- Ability to read and interpret requirements specification and test procedures
- Ability to collaborate and work with a multi-functional team in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of testing methodologies and software development life cycle preferred
- Working knowledge of microprocessors or computers and microprocessor/computer based control systems and related software preferred
- Working knowledge of advanced test equipment operations and related uses and safeguards preferred
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072