Equity Title Review Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002506749
Aston Carter is currently searching for qualified candidates to fill an Equity Title Review Specialist position with a Fortune 100 Financial Institution!
MUST be located in the Pensacola, FL area - this is not a fully remote position.
To review and evaluate real estate title commitments, title binders, property reports and other relevant documents as they pertain to the Credit Union’s equity lien position for accuracy, completeness and adherence to regulatory and legal guidelines.
- 2-3 years of recent Mortgage Closing, Title (mortgage industry), Real Estate, or Legal experience required
- Background in real estate, mortgage, or paralegal field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and data entry skills
- Associates or Bachelors degree
Pay: $22 - $24 hourly based on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
1. Performs detailed analysis of title commitments, property reports, and title binders for accuracy and viability. This includes reconciling 2 owner searches.
• Ensures property is accurately represented on title documents
• Reviews any liens and potential judgments for effect on lien position and ability to foreclose.
• Reviews exceptions regarding any conditions or specific rights that will not be insured for on the Final Title Policy.
• Is the primary contact regarding all issues with titles, title binders and property reports.
• Reviews and approves Power of Attorney’s and Trust Documents to ensure documents adhere to guidelines.
• Gathers, reviews, and/or submits any needed documentation to title vendor in order to clear discrepancies
• Sets signing requirements for all loans based on state and federal requirements.
• Maintains effective communication with processor, member and closer regarding any unresolved issues post “Okay to Close” as pertaining to the title, title binder or property report.
• Sends requests to management for exceptions to title issues.
• Escalates complex situations to management
2. Ascertains processing/closing discrepancies and partners with applicable parties to provide training and feedback
• Tracks common document/process inefficiencies or errors, to be utilized in the coaching/training of team members to reduce further title issues
3. Maintains extensive knowledge of federal and state title requirements
• Stays cognizant of changes in regulations and advises management of any changes impacting mortgage production
• Attends continuing education/training courses to remain current regarding jurisdictional requirements
• Notifies production personnel of any potential impacts to closing or overall loan process
• Makes recommendations for procedural changes as well as training materials for Mortgage Production
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Taylor Estes
Phone: (850) 469-4447