Entry Level Drafter/Permitting Coordinator
Posting ID: JP-002660129
- Our client is currently seeking a Permitting Technician to join their team in Florida. They will support power distribution infrastructure upgrades and storm hardening projects across Florida.
- They will be part of the Permitting Department, assisting with putting together detailed permitting packages and some field data collection. Projects are in support of Duke, TECO, and LCEC.
- The projects consist of retrofitting transformers, replacing deteriorating cable, moving overhead lines to underground, reconductoring of existing distribution lines, and replacing aging poles.
- Designers will send their designs to the permitting department, where the permitting team will research and decide if and what permits are needed.
- They then put together permitting packages, based on templates and standards.
- This position will consists mostly of office work, creating permitting packages.
- They will periodically be required to assist with collection of data in the field, including measuring distances with a measuring wheel and taking pictures of intersections.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, or other CAD software, through either work experience or education/training AND/OR experience creating permitting package and with the permitting process.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is a plus, not required.
- Must have strong computer and document management skills.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read utility plans and records is a plus.
- Experience creating permitting package or with the permitting process is a plus.
- Ability to work in the field, when needed.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072