Test Automation Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002663392
Test Automation Engineer - Sunrise, FL
Our client in the automotive industry is looking for an experienced automation test engineer to join their team. They are currently working mostly remote but the candidate must be local to Sunrise or willing to relocate to the area as they expect to go back into the office on a hybrid schedule eventually. This team is working on over the air updates for vehicles and you will focus on automating Functional and Integration Testing leading to the release of new Software.
- Develop, execute, and review automation test scripts and test results.
- Implement automation tests using Python to verify new feature functionality.
- Interface with development and test teams to understand requirements and drive-up automation test coverage.
- Track issues found throughout the whole SDLC
- Contribute to team deliverables through involvement in Agile scrum sprints.
- Effectively communicate test status and issues with test leads, developers, feature owners, and management.
- Participate in ongoing process improvements including test case maintenance, defect escape analysis, and rainy-day test scenario review.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience with developing automation tests using Python and developing from scratch
- Experience with using automated tools such as GitHub, GitLab, and/or Jenkins.
- Experience with a Defect Tracking system such as JIRA
- Experience testing on a device is preferred
- CAN protocol testing and/or development highly desired.
- Automated and performance test tools and scripts.
- Jira for defect tracking systems.
- Test management tools for test design, execution, and traceability.
- Analyzing logs and root cause analysis.
- Experience with C++ programming.
- Detail oriented and adept at detecting and diagnosing software defects.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072