Manual Software Test Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002039608
The successful candidate will be part of the Manual Test team involved in the delivery of software solutions that facilitate testing of the latest automotive infotainment and connectivity technologies.
- Develop and execute functional test scenarios and test utilizing user stories (written in Jira) occurring within Agile Sprints.
- Interface with development and test teams to understand testing requirements, and implement automated tests and related tools
- Review project requirements to ensure requirements are testable
- All test results following the merge of related test codes into appropriate SW branches to be logged pass/fail/blocked in TestRail. Failures to be debugged to assess the root cause of failures allowing only valid defects to be entered into the defect tracking system, JIRA
- Work with feature engineers to reproduce and troubleshoot defects found in the system.
- Participate in root cause analysis of hardware quality problems and software defects
- Participate in system design, documentation, and testing to deliver a best in-class infotainment system
- During sprint planning provide estimates on the amount of time needed to complete testing related tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electronics related Engineering.
- Experience in software Testing
- Experience using Jira.
- Experience with any Test Scheduling, Test Management tool
- Ability to write and describe clearly: input conditions, output responses, anomalies observed, and initial assessment of causes.
- Experience in updating software in a device on a routine basis for the purpose of testing.
- Experience in reading software diagnostic logs and understanding key attributes.
- Experience in Automotive Industry or Consumer Mobile Phone Industry preferred.
- Experience in Python Scripting is beneficial but not required for the role
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Christ, Paulina