Job Search & More
Patient Service Representative
Posted Friday, July 14, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003903743
- Obtains current patient information from established and new patients.
- Accurately enters/updates patient information in the scheduling system.
- Identifies payer source, and verifies insurance eligibility.
- Assists patients with the completion of paperwork when necessary.
- Reviews the Scheduling System for needed updated demographics and consent forms.
- Schedules appointments. Identifies patients by date of birth and name in the computer system. Creates new account if patient is not in the system.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments as needed.
- Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
- Answers telephone in a timely and polite manner, preferably within three rings. Communicates with customers in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
- Accurately takes messages and conveys information to the recipient.
- Transfers call to physicians and nurses when medically indicated. Protects/observes patient confidentiality per policies and procedures.
- Accurately imports registration documents into patients electronic health record. Need to make sure they are obtaining current patient information - will have to identify if there is insurance eligibility, update consent forms and demographics, schedule new appointments or create profiles for new patients.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 1 year fast paced customer service experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience with Microsoft Word/Excel and/or Google Sheets/Docs is required.
- High speed DSL, fiber, or cable internet service is required for our remote workforce
- Minimum internet connection download speed of 20 mbps and upload speeds of at least 10 mbps; wired connection is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to type a min of 20 WPM
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.